News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 components repair services

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-05-24 08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Seeing a current thread on where to get a speedo repaired ( I was going to suggest an alterations shop...sick, I know), got me to thinking we need to add a services section to our '57 Ford parts and services links list. Even thogh the "services" was in the tittle of that thread, just about all of the links we've added are actually for parts suppliers.....so guys, lets have your sources with contact info for repair services for oem things like radios, speedometer, cables, RHT roof mechanisms, clocks, sending units,etc. Just post them here, and I'll add them to the list. It'll be nice to have them all in one place.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

I agree Rich! I sure would like to have that speedo that you sent me repaired !
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

SkylinerRon

Get a copy of Hemmings and look in the services offered section......any month will do.
Skyliners, Join the Retract club.

Ron.

RICH MUISE

Hemmings is always a great source for all kinds of info. When I first started my '57, and being my first ever build, I spent many hours flipping thru pages of the monthly. If nothing else, it's a great place to get started until you can build your own list of resources as you progress. That's pretty much what I was trying to do with OUR list of parts and services...making sure it was '57 related and whenever possible being referred by one of our members. There are parts sources (one actually)not on our list because of many past problems, and James understandably not wanting to be perceived as endorsing those suppliers.
A little background on those lists fyi...Back a few years ago several of us members were talking about having a separate board for those links rather than having them in the general discusion area, as searching for previously recommended sources was a chore and often unsuccessful. James graciously obliged by establishing that links board with guidelines. Realizing we'd still have a unorganized collection of threads, and that members cannot edit other members posts, I volunteered to start a list and keep it edited and updated as others posted referrals. Once again, James helped the effort by pinning that thread to the top of the boeard so it's always somewhere you know it'll be.

gasman826

GAS TANK

Across the nation gas tank repair franchise.  Clean, seal inside and out, and a lifetime guarantee.

http://www.gastankrenu.com/

I'm having my wagon tank done this week.  It has already been cleaned.  These tanks are not currently available and really difficult to clean.  Tank was dipped in non acid stuff.  Dipping did NOT damage the metal, lead, solder, or tinning/galvanize.  Tank looked new...no varnish or rust.  The few pin holes will be soldered and then the tank will be coated inside and out.  They will do just the inside if you restoration requires OEM outer finish.

No set prices but mine cost $150 to clean and $100 to seal in and out and national warranty.  New stainless sender for less than $30 and new fuel lines...good to go!

RICH MUISE

I modified our links list to separate parts and services. I added this one with a link to your thread. Thanks for the info.
PS: I thought wagon reproduction tanks were available.

gasman826

I ordered tanks from the only two suppliers listing them.  Both went to the backorder black hole.

Zapato

www.philbingroup.com     longtime Portland family run company. Have used them in the past to rebuild/recurve Ford distributors, will soon be rebuilding my 60-61 Ford electric windshield wiper motor.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

62galxe

gasman
do you have more info on the sender for the tank.

gasman826

There is a stainless steel sender on eBay for $25+.  Unfortunately, it is NOT the wagon/Ranchero one.  It fits many models...'55-'57 Thunderbirds, '57 Fords (all but the wagon), etc.   It does fit and will work but not as accurately as the correct one.  For $25, I'm going to modify it a bit and use it.  If I'm not happy with it, I can have the original one rebuilt for $150-200.  The one I removed from my wagon was a sedan version.

SkylinerRon

Re: Hemmings
If you ever have a problem with an advertizer contact Hemmings they will investigate and act.

Ron.